Redesigning the Dundee Experience was a two hour public workshop at the inaugural Dundee Design Festival, held at West Ward Works, Dundee in May 2016. We brought together designers, entrepreneurs, infrastructure managers, local government, business and members of the public to to think about the visitor experience to Dundee, the UK’s only UNESCO City of Design.
A short film of the event, filmed and edited by Andy McGill of Ashton McGill, can be viewed above.
The workshop provided a taster of service design methods, and demonstrated its value to tourist, cultural and business development. We introduced a range of design methods including design thinking, visualisation, personas, idea generation and customer journey mapping. Fast and inspiring talks on My Vision for Dundee were given by:
- Derrick Lang, Manager, Dundee Airport
- Dr Bharti Rajput, Winner of Most Enterprising Business in Women Ahead Awards, 2016
- Ali McGill, Director, Ashton McGill Strategy and Business Growth Agency
- Jessica Reid, Head of Marketing, Dundee Contemporary Arts
- Jennifer Caswell, Economic Development Team Leader, Dundee City Council
We have produced a report that describes the process and details the outcomes.